This quiz from BW expert Peter Scott focuses on common BW reporting challenges that arise during a reporting initiative. The quiz will help users uncover functionality within BW that is not frequently deployed. Some questions direct users towards transactional functionality within an SAP BW system, while others reinforce some of the concepts that can be used within the Business Explorer (BEx) tools. Enjoy!
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
* To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
Want to learn even more about BW? Submit your score for a chance to win a copy of this month's featured book, SAP BW Data Modeling!
1. What are the primary reporting environments for SAP BW?
a) BEx Analyzer
b) BEx Access
c) Web browser
d) Windows Notepad
2. Which of the following types of links can be created from within the BEx Browser?
b) SAP transaction codes
c) Internet addresses
d) All of the above
3. True or False? You can insert your own HTML code with the Web Application Designer.
4. What is the transaction code RSBBS to be used for?
a) Listing current BW users
b) Creating a bulletin board system for reports
c) Maintaining sender-receiver assignments
d) Reloading data into an InfoCube
5. Which of the following is true of the Business Explorer (BEx) Analyzer?
a) It is integrated with Microsoft Excel.
b) It allows multiple queries to be embedded into a single worksheet/workbook.
c) It can refresh queries automatically when a workbook is opened.
d) It has protection to prevent changes to cell values.
e) All of the above.
6. Individual cell definitions can be created when a Query Definition has how many structures?
a) 0 Structures
b) 1 Structure
c) 2 Structures
d) More than 2 structures
7. What is RRI?
a) A really-really-interesting acronym
c) A transaction code for creating new InfoCubes
8. Which of the following can be shared amongst query designers within a single InfoProvider?
a) Characteristic variables
b) Global structures
c) Restricted key figures
d) Technical names of a query
9. True or False? The reporting agent can be used to pre-calculate Web templates.
10. A combination of characteristics and key figures can be displayed in any desired order by:
a) Activating the download scheduler
b) Switching a query definition to tabular mode
c) Placing key figures in the rows section of a query definition
d) Using scissors and duct tape
11. True or False? Characteristic variables cannot be created directly from the Query Designer tool.
12. What SAP transaction code can access the reporting agent?
13. The Web Application Designer (WAD) allows which of the following to be displayed in a Web browser?
a) Query results in a table.
b) A corporate logo
c) Bar charts.
d) Links to other reports.
e) All of the above.
14. A query that is not ready to be shared with other users should be saved to:
a) The BEx Browser
d) A local PC
15. Characteristics found in a query definition can be restricted by:
a) Opening the administrator workbench
b) Changing the query properties within the query designer
c) Double-clicking on the characteristic in the query definition
d) Creating a calculated key figure
CLICK HERE FOR THE QUIZ ANSWERS AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK