The ability to create and share a reporting package allows simpler distribution and access to data.
1. Launch the BEx Analyzer.
2. Using the Excel toolbar, open a previously saved workbook.
3. Execute the report by clicking the Refresh icon if it does not automatically get refreshed.
4. Using the Excel menu path, choose Insert > Worksheet .
5. Click on the new worksheet to make it active.
6. Using the BW BEx toolbar, select the Tools icon > Insert query.
7. From the pop-up window, select a second query to embed into the new worksheet.
8. This second report will now be displayed on its own worksheet.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 8 to add additional queries to your workbook.
10. When finished, follow the steps outlined in Scenario 3 to ensure consistency.
CREATING HIGH IMPACT BW WORKBOOKS
Scenario 1: I need to create a customized template with my company's logo
Scenario 2: I need to create a template without gridlines
Scenario 3: I need my users to have the latest data available
Scenario 4: I need to publish reports where users can't modify the layout of the report
Scenario 5: I have a requirement to put all my reports into a single package
Scenario 6: I want to lock the data values found in my BW reports
Review: Conclusion and more resources