FAQ EXPERT: Axel Angeli, EAI Development Mentor and SAP Project Manager at Logos! GmbH, began working with SAP in 1991. Since that time, he has worked for many companies around the world including; Dupont, Arcelor, IBM, EDS, Delphi and Novartis. Axel's work is focused on the core development of SCM, logistics modules and interface technologies, namely ALE/IDoc, Workflow messaging, RFC- and BAPI-development, WebAS and around the SAP Netweaver (formerly mySAP) technology. He also authored the best-selling cookbook "SAP R/3 Guide to EDI and Interfaces." If you have a IDoc/ALE & NetWeaver WebAS development question, check below first to see if Axel may already have answered it.
Frequently Asked Questions: IDOC/ALE, NETWEAVER WAS DEV
- NetWeaver in a nutshell -- how would you describe it?
- What is the future of NetWeaver?
- How do IDoc vs. BDC vs. BAPI compare from a performance perspective?
- Do I need to write my own handler for inbound processing of a quotes IDoc?
- How do I go about converting IDocs to XML?
- Can XI be used in BW to load Excel flat files?
- How does the data actually move from SAP to the IDoc?
- What is the difference between ALE, EDI, IDocs and BAPI?
- How can I learn more about BAPIs and IDocs?
- How can I learn about RFC libraries for Windows?
- Can you provide a guide for transferring sales orders from one system to another via ALE?
- We're being pushed towards SAP XI -- why?
- BONUS: Interview with Axel on 'BAPIs, IDocs, and SAP's road map'