SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) is software that allows companies to support and define import and export trade processes in SAP ERP. According to the vendor, GTS reduces the time and costs of complying with global trade regulations and provides visibility into the supply chain while goods are in transit, which helps to resolve issues that can impede goods from clearing customs in a timely manner.Content Continues Below
SAP GTS is comprised of a number of components that can be licensed individually or as an entire bundle, and the automated functions it enables include:
- Export management for handling most trade regulations and localization for more than 25 countries
- Import management to streamline processes through self-filing, importer security filing, duty calculation, and more
- Preferential and free trade agreement to reduce duty and tax payments and manage vendor and customer declarations
- Single data store for master, classification, and compliance data
- Regional and industry compliance to automate compliance with processes such as the European Excise Movement and Control System (EMCS)
SAP GTS can also be used to screen buyers and vendors to guard against doing business with restricted or denied entities, for example those on terrorist watch lists.
In 2016 SAP GTS received certification from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) for Entry Summaries. It is the first enterprise application to receive the certification, according to SAP. The ACE is the Single Window, or primary system, through which the global trading community reports imports and exports and the U.S. government determines admissibility. It is intended to streamline manual processes, eliminate paper, and allow international traders to comply with U.S. laws and customs regulations more easily and efficiently.