I am a graduate with an MBA in sales and marketing and 8 years of hands-on experience in sales. I only have basic knowledge about the IT environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). I am thinking about shifting my domain to SAP.
Is CRM suitable to me?
What is the career forecast for this module?
Is SAP certification necessary?
Are companies likely to hire a SAP beginner with my kind of background?
What is the difference between SAP and Siebel from a job standpoint, ie. which one of them offers a better career?
Any additional information you can provide about NetWeaver, SAP Basis, CRM, and ABAP is most appreciated.
You have mentioned your sales and marketing experience but not the industry vertical in which you worked. I can give you some generic career counseling though:
- You may consider getting training in SAP CRM Marketing and Sales modules.
- Companies always need tools to improve customer satisfaction by selling the right product and the right service. The customer relationship management market is an evergreen market.
- SAP certification is not mandatory, but helps you "authenticate" your training.
- Companies may consider a fresher with an industry vertical (retail, automotive etc) experience and SAP CRM certification.
- SAP and Siebel both provide "Customer Relationship Management" software.
- NetWeaver is a composite of kernels, databases and web services layers.
- ABAP (Advanced Business Applications Programming) is a proprietary language of SAP.
- CRM is a customer relationship management application that helps companies in getting 360 degree views of their customers in terms marketing, sales and service.
Dig Deeper on SAP CRM and customer experience
Related Q&A from Srinivasa Katta
Our company is deploying SAP CRM and SAP ECC. Which is a better application for entering sales orders? Is SAP CRM robust enough for EDI sales orders?... Continue Reading
Is knowledge of programming languages like C, C++ and Java required when learning SAP? Continue Reading
Expert Srini Katta discusses integration between SAP CRM and SAP ERP. Continue Reading