I believe the problem may lie somewhere around the server firewall or perhaps my router configuration. Please advice what should be done. I cannot even ping the SAP server by using ADSL connection!
1. The router assigns IP dynamically to 4 computers.
2. The router acts as a gateway with ip 192.168.1.1
3. The router gets IP dynamically from ISP.
4. The route is set to be SUA.
5. I do not know much about SAP, but I needed to install VPN secureclient first, then SAP. Can something goes wrong with this? The VPN server can be connected.
As a minimum, use the Winsock ports 1080 and the SAP communications ports 32xx (xx is the number you find in the SAP Logon router string, e.g. conn=/H/yourSAP.remote.com/S/3201) for the router. From the assigned IP I guess you have a router box from German TELEKOM (EUMEX?). If so, there is a built-in firewall -- make sure it is deactivated.
Dig Deeper on SAP integration
Related Q&A from Axel Angeli
An SAP user wants to know how to upload data into SAP R/3 when SAP Scripting is not enabled. Continue Reading
An SAP user is receiving an error message while integrating SAP iDoc PORDCR1 for a purchase order. Continue Reading
An SAP user is having difficulty with PERNR iDoc while transporting data from SAP to an external system. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.