1. Define a 'logical system'
2. Define 'port type'
3. The difference between a basic IDoc type and a message type
1. A 'logical system' is used to identify an individual client in a system, for ALE communication between SAP systems. That's why you see a field for 'logical system' in the client master data in SCC4 (table T000). You use logical systems in ALE configuration.
2. A 'port type' specifies a collection of input and output.
3. IDocs are created when message types and (object) methods are distributed. The message type is the semantic information which identifies the usage of business data. The IDoc type defines the syntactical format in which the data for a specific business process is transferred.
Dig Deeper on SAP Basis
Related Q&A from Sam Gassem
Learn the difference between NetWeaver ECC 6.0 and R/3. Continue Reading
We are going to create a BP in three categories: person, organization and group. What is the meaning of 'group'? Continue Reading
What is the main difference between territory management and organizational structure? Continue Reading