How can we invoke goods movement in SAP R/3 through SAP CRM in an integrated system? E.g. If a material is already issued to a customer through KB type of sales document in R/3. The outbound delivery is also posted with reference to this document. Now I want to do service confirmation in CRM and invoke movement 291-W to square off the material. What are the necessary settings in CRM and R/3?
The following CRM 4.0 service module IMG configuration steps are recommended based on the information provided in the question.
1) Setup ATP_R3_SIMU parameter with parameter value = "X" in the SU01 transaction for all the user accounts responsible for ATP runs.
2) Go to Customer Relationship Management -> middleware parameters -> Define middleware parameters: Availability information using ATP in IMG.
3) Go to Customer Relationship Management -> Transactions -> Settings for Service Processes -> Integration -> Assign plant and storage location to service organization.
4) Go to Customer Relationship Management -> Transactions -> Settings for Service Processes -> Integration -> Define transfer Parameters for the goods movement and assign the movement type.
5) Go to Customer Relationship Management -> Transactions -> Settings for Service Processes -> Integration -> Business Add Ins for logistics Integration -> Business Add In: Filter for reservation and execute and choose Reservations for Service Order in the popup window and activate the reservation for those service transaction types as needed in IMG if you wish to setup material reservation.
6) Go to Customer Relationship Management -> Settings for Service Processing ->Logistics Integration -> Create and change logistics scenario. Here you assign the logistics scenario suitable for your business in IMG (Customer consignment stocks in this case).
Dig Deeper on SAP CRM and customer experience
Related Q&A from Srinivasa Katta
Get a SAP ERP integration tip in this expert Q&A. Find out if SAP CRM and ERP integration is possible when there are two SAP CRM implementations ... Continue Reading
Get the basics about the SAP enhancement packages available for SAP CRM customers. Learn about SAP's EHP strategy and how it impacts SAP CRM 7.0 ... Continue Reading
Learn about the integration limitations of SAP CRM On Demand and get more information on SAP CRM in this tip from SAP CRM expert Srini Katta. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.