Can you please tell me where to start?
1. Define the trigger that marks the sending of the IDoc (that can be a NAST record, a workflow event or a direct call to function MASTERIDOC_DISTRIBUTE)
2. Define the IDoc types and message types to use (WE30/WE31)
3. Define a function module that creates the IDoc (unless you use a standard one) (SE37)
4. Define partner profiles for outbound in WE20
5. Test the sending and monitor results with WE02
Generally speaking: Interface design is mainly a developer's job, so you should get assistance of a developer if you are not familiar with it by yourself. The debugger is the most valuable tool in IF design. Technical background can be found in the "R3 Guide to EDI and Interfaces."
Dig Deeper on SAP HCM
Related Q&A from Axel Angeli
An SAP user is receiving an error message while integrating SAP iDoc PORDCR1 for a purchase order. Continue Reading
SAP expert Axel Angeli explains how to update the "further dates" tab information in am SAP transaction through an SAP IDoc. Continue Reading
An SAP R/3 4.7 user wants looking to post a document entry using different trading partner fields for credit and debit for function FB01. Continue Reading