Can you please tell me where to start?
1. Define the trigger that marks the sending of the IDoc (that can be a NAST record, a workflow event or a direct call to function MASTERIDOC_DISTRIBUTE)
2. Define the IDoc types and message types to use (WE30/WE31)
3. Define a function module that creates the IDoc (unless you use a standard one) (SE37)
4. Define partner profiles for outbound in WE20
5. Test the sending and monitor results with WE02
Generally speaking: Interface design is mainly a developer's job, so you should get assistance of a developer if you are not familiar with it by yourself. The debugger is the most valuable tool in IF design. Technical background can be found in the "R3 Guide to EDI and Interfaces."
Dig Deeper on SAP HCM
Related Q&A from Axel Angeli
An SAP user wants to know how to upload data into SAP R/3 when SAP Scripting is not enabled. Continue Reading
An SAP user is receiving an error message while integrating SAP iDoc PORDCR1 for a purchase order. Continue Reading
An SAP user is having difficulty with PERNR iDoc while transporting data from SAP to an external system. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.