I need a step-by-step procedure for customizing an electronic bank reconciliation statement. This is a pretty tall...
order to fill in this type of venue, but here is a rough outline of the primary configuration steps necessary to set up Electronic Bank Statements (EBS) Processing in SAP for most customers in North America.
1. Create House Bank and Account ID (FI12)
2. Setup EDI Partner Profile for FINSTA Message Type (WE20)
3. Configure Global Settings for EBS (IMG)
- Create Account Symbols
- Assign Accounts to Account Symbols
- Create Keys for Posting Rules
- Define Posting Rules
- Create Transaction Types
- Assign External Transaction Types to Posting Rules
- Assign Bank Accounts to Transaction Types
4. Define Search String for EBS(Optional)
- Search String Definition
- Search String Use
5. Define Program and Variant Selection
Additional information is also available in the SAP Library under Financial Accounting > Bank Accounting (FI-BL) > Electronic Bank Statement > Electronic Account Statement Customizing
If your company needs more comprehensive support on how to set up SAP for Electronic Bank Statement Processing, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.