The procedure to obtain the installation or upgrade key is as follows:
- Log on to the Solution Manager system.
- Call transaction SMSY.
- Open landscape components.
- If the system has not been defined yet: place the cursor on the Systems entry • [Right Mouse Button].
- Enter the System ID, select the SAP product and product version. Press Save when finished.
- Mark System and enter the SID.
- Press Generate Installation/Upgrade Key ( key-shaped icon ).
- Enter the system number and message server host ( without domain ). Note that in some versions the system changes the host name to upper case, but this is of no importance.
- Press Generate Key. The 10-character key value is displayed
Dig Deeper on SAP implementation and upgrades
Related Q&A from Bert Vanstechelman
An SAP user wants to know the risks of changing time zones in ECC 6.0. Continue Reading
A SearchSAP.com reader wants to know how an increase of indexes and tables after upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 will affect the memory requirements of a DB2 ... Continue Reading
An SAP user wants to know how to access an SAP IDES 4.7 system via the Internet through SAP GUI. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.