Platform: win-2k & ms-sql
2. Invoke the process
"SAP STLS Service" -- if you are on a 3.0 or lesser than 3.0 Release.
"SAP MAR Central Service" --if you are on a 4.0 or greater than 4.0 Release
3. Check that it is in "Automatic" mode.
4. Invoke "Microsoft SQL Server"->"Enterprise manager"-> Your local machine->Data bases->ars_db->Tables. In the right hand side choose "RS_SYSTABLE".
5. Right click and choose "Return all rows".
6. In the returned rows, check the entry under column heading "Param", "ServerMachineName" and "RemoteSocketPort" entries. The "ServerMachineName" entry should point to the server machine and the "RemoteSocketPort" entry should point to the port on the server machine where the lock server is running.
7. Also check if the machine given by the value of "ServerMachineName" entry is recognized on your network.
In the command prompt type "ping
(Also ensure that this IP address is recognized on your network. Type in the command prompt "ping
7.1. To replace the machine name, in the returned rows in step (6), select the value of "ServerMachineName" and directly replace it with the IP address.
7.2. Tab out from this field for the changes to take effect
Dig Deeper on SAP CRM and customer experience
Related Q&A from Srinivasa Katta
Get a SAP ERP integration tip in this expert Q&A. Find out if SAP CRM and ERP integration is possible when there are two SAP CRM implementations ... Continue Reading
Get the basics about the SAP enhancement packages available for SAP CRM customers. Learn about SAP's EHP strategy and how it impacts SAP CRM 7.0 ... Continue Reading
Learn about the integration limitations of SAP CRM On Demand and get more information on SAP CRM in this tip from SAP CRM expert Srini Katta. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.