- Winclient users require certain degree of SAP GUI experience to use where as all users are already experienced with using browser interface, no special training is needed
- Winclient is based on traditional ABAP based Dynpro technology, which requires a high degree of ABAP knowledge to make changes to the user interface. Webclient is based on industry standard MVC (Model View Controller) technology, which makes it easy to make changes to the look and feel of user interface
- IC Winclient uses SAP PHONE functionality where as IC Webclient uses ICI/BCB interface for Computer Telephony integration (CTI).
- Selective Business Scenarios are only available on IC WEBCLIENT
- Some powerful features of ERMS (Email Response Management System) are only available on IC Webclient.
Dig Deeper on SAP interface technologies
Related Q&A from Srinivasa Katta
Get a SAP ERP integration tip in this expert Q&A. Find out if SAP CRM and ERP integration is possible when there are two SAP CRM implementations ... Continue Reading
Get the basics about the SAP enhancement packages available for SAP CRM customers. Learn about SAP's EHP strategy and how it impacts SAP CRM 7.0 ... Continue Reading
Learn about the integration limitations of SAP CRM On Demand and get more information on SAP CRM in this tip from SAP CRM expert Srini Katta. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.