As you can see, developing content with Visual Composer is fairly easy. Without actually knowing technical details...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
of the portal platform, you can develop models that are generated into executable code that can be deployed to SAP's Enterprise Portal.
What's more, the design time environment is server based, allowing you to develop the code wherever a browser is available that lets you connect to the model repository.
Visual Composer is a powerful tool for developing dynamic content when coding skills are not available. While a business user must be able to think in technical terms (e.g., understand data sources such as BAPIs), they won't necessarily need Java development skills to design an iView.
Visual Composer is just one of many tools for content creation and content development for the Enterprise Portal. Depending on the user's ability, this is a simple end-user based tool to create and customize more or less static content.
Here are links that you can use to learn more about the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer:
- The SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer area in the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/nw-vc). Look here for information about current and upcoming SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer releases.
- The SAP Developer Network's Developers Area for the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer. Look here for articles like this one, tips and tricks, and a very active forum where Visual Composer developers are sharing ideas, models and more.
- The SAP Help Portal pages on the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer. Here you'll find the complete user guide for this product.
- The Software Distribution Center in the SAP Service Marketplace. Use search function here to locate the installation media for the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer, Release 6.0.
Additional resources from SearchSAP.com
- Combining ABAP and Visual Composer
- What are SAP xApp Analytics?
- A heatmap paints a thousand words
- SAP launches industry analytics apps
- Using SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence for SAP Business Workflow Analysis
Visual Composer for xApp analysis
Part 1: Architecture of Visual Composer BI Kit
Part 2: Using the native Visual Composer export data functionality
Part 3: Using Web Design API to export to CSV
Part 4: Using Web Design API to export to Excel
Part 5: Using Web Design API to export to PDF
Review: Conclusion and additional resources
Dig Deeper on SAP trends, strategy and ERP market share