This article will present a quick guide for how to replicate material master from a back-end system to SRM 5.0, including all the BASIS(BC) activities. Before we proceed, I would like to point out that these instructions assume that the system has the latest patch level and support packages installed.
- Basis setup
- First of all, you must set a RFC connectivity between SRM and backend system:
- Create system users for remote connection (RFC_CONN). This user must have SAP_ALL authorization.
- Create RFC connections in SRM system.
Go to transaction SM59 on SRM side and click on 'create' button. Set RFC destination name to the back-end system <sid>CLNT<client> (eg. R3DCLNT200), connection type to 3 (abap / R/3 connection) and fill the target host to your back-end system. On the Logon/Security tab, add the RFC_CONN user created in the previous step. Save your settings.
- Create RFC connections in the back-end system.
Go to transaction SM59 on the back end and click on 'create' button. Set the RFC destination name to SRM system <sid>CLNT<client> (eg. SR1CLNT300), connection type to 3 (abap / R/3 connection) and fill in the target host to your back-end system. On the Logon/Security tab, add the RFC_CONN user created in the previous step. Save your settings.
- Create a logical system name in SRM.
Go to transaction SPRO -> SAP Implementation Guide -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> ALE Settings -> Distribution -> Basic Settings -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System Add a new value:
Log.System Name R3DCLNT200 R3DCLNT200
Save your settngs.
- Create a logical system name in the back end.
Go to transaction SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> SAP Web Application Server -> Application Ling Enabling -> Sending and Receiving Systems -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System Add a new value:
Log.System Name SR1CLNT300 SR1CLNT300
Save your settngs.
- Middleware parameters setup
- Go to transaction SM30 on backend system and choose table
CRMCONSUM. Add the following values:
User Active Description Q Prefix CRM checked SRM connection R3A
User ObjectName U/D Obj. Class Function Obj. Type Funct. Name CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_MATERIAL_EXTRACT CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_CUSTOMIZING_EXTRACT CRM empty Download Material empty empty CRS_SERVICE_EXTRACT
Next, choose CRMRFCPAR for definitions of RFC Connections and add the following values:
User ObjectName Destination Load Type INFO InQueue Flag Send XML CRM * SR1CLNT300 Initial Download SR1CLNT300 X Send XML CRM * SR1CLNT300 Request SR1CLNT300 X Send XML CRM MATERIAL SR1CLNT300 Initial Download SR1CLNT300 X Send XML
Leave all other field empty.
Now, configure filtering for the material master:
Choose the CRMPAROLTP table for CRM OLTP Parameters and add the following values:
Parameter name Param. Name 2 Param. Name 3 User Param. Value Param. Value 2 CRM_FILTERING_ACTIVE MATERIAL empty CRM X empty
Now we must edit the table for the application indicator. Go to transaction SE16N on the back-end side and choose table TBE11. Search or add an application component BC-MID and edit activity settings (field AKTIV = X).
Save your settings.
- Enterprise buyer with/without CRM
- In this activity, you define whether you are running the Enterprise
Buyer and CRM in the same system. This might accelerate the Master Data download performance. If
you are using CRM in the client, then skip this activity.
In the SRM system run transaction BBP_PRODUCT_SETTINGS, deselect 'Test mode' and choose the Execute button.
The system generates a report containing all tables that have been deactivated.
- Generate repository objects
- With this procedure, you generate the middleware function modules
(BDoc Object Type) for the material master.
Go to transaction SMOGGEN and choose object PRODUCT_MAT and PRODUCT_SRV. Generate services for all object categories.
- Number range object maintenance
- On the SRM system, go to transaction SRNO and assign number
ranges for all CRM Replication and Realigment Queues. Enter in object field RRSEQ*
and hit F4 button. Choose the first object (RRSEQ_AC) and click on the 'change'
button. On the next screen, click the button 'Number Ranges' and add the following range:
No From number To Number Ext. 01 00000000000000000001 99999999999999999999 no
Repeat these steps for all of RRSEQ* objects.
- Output format of product ID
- Check your output format for Product ID in the backend and SRM
system. This values must be the same for both systems.
Go to transaction COMCPRFORMAT in SRM and check the product ID lenght and values for displaying leading zeroes.
Save your settings.
- CRM middleware monitoring cockpit
- On the SRM side, go to transaction SMWP. Open System Settings
and double-click on 'Number of sites per site type' name. The Administration Console shows
Click on 'Create Object' icon and fill in the Name and description. Choose R/3 for 'Type' parameter and click on Site Attributes. Enter and create an RFC destination to backend system (R3DCLNT200).
Save your settings.
- Start of download material
- Go to transaction R3AS on SRM side and choose the first
object to download (DNL_CUST_BASIS3).
After this, the source site and desitination site on data flow should fill with proper values. Click on the 'Execute' button. After this, go to transaction R3AM1 for the monitoring object.
If you have a green light, go to transaction R3AS again and repeat the steps for objects:
After this, go to transaction COMM_HIERARCHY to see what kind of categories are replicated from backend system.
Go to transaction COMMPR01 to see what kind of Products are replicated from backend system.
- Filtering Material Master records
- If you want to filter material master or other objects, go to
transaction R3AC1 on SRM side. You will see the following table:
Click on filter icon on object MATERIAL. On the filter settings tab, choose Source Site Name and click edit button.
The filter settings object table corresponds to the fields and tables/structures from backend system. If you want to download only one material, enter the following values:
- Deleting the material master from SRM
- If you want to delete hierarchy of product, run this report:
- COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE - Deletes all hierarchy and category data
- COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL - Deletes all hierarchy and category data
If you want to delete all or selected product, run this report:
- COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_SINGLE - Deletion of a product from the database
- COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL - Deletion of all product master data
Hope this blog was helpful.
Marcin Gajewski is a SAP consultant in PWPW S.A. (Polish Security Printing Works), Poland, responsible for business development and implementation of new features.
This content is reposted from the SAP Developer Network.
Copyright 2007, SAP Developer Network
SAP Developer Network (SDN) is an active online community where ABAP, Java, .NET, and other cutting-edge technologies converge to form a resource and collaboration channel for SAP developers, consultants, integrators, and business analysts. SDN hosts a technical library, expert blogs, exclusive downloads and code samples, an extensive eLearning catalog, and active, moderated discussion forums. SDN membership is free.
This was first published in February 2007