Read about SAP BW, a valuable tool for developing data warehouses that accurately and effectively support critical business decision making. As a registered member of SearchSAP.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 1 from SAP BW: A Step-by-Step Guide written by Biao Fu and Henry Fu. Published by Addison Wesley.
Click here to read Chapter 1, entitled "Business Scenario and SAP BW".
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
This practitioner's guide uses step-by-step instructions complete with a plethora of screen captures to illustrate key SAP BW functionalities. It demonstrates how SAP BW implements the fundamental star schema and solves the major challenges inherent in the creation of data warehouses: performance, reliability, and error-handling. Using a real-world business scenario as a running example, SAP® BW presents a comprehensive view of the technology, from underlying concepts and basic techniques through its most sophisticated capabilities.
Specific topics covered include:
- Creating an InfoCube and loading the data
- Checking the accuracy of data with BW Monitor and the Persistent Staging Area (PSA)
- Creating queries to generate reports using Business Explorer (BEx)
- Managing user authorization with the Profile Generator
- Advanced InfoCube design techniques
- Aggregates and multicubes
- Working with the Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Installing business content and creating an R/3 source system in BW
- Loading data from SAP R/3 into SAP BW
- Data maintenance
- Performance tuning, including parallel query option and data packet sizing
- Object transport
With the clear explanations and practical techniques presented in SAP® BW information systems professionals will gain both the general understanding and specific skills necessary to create high quality data warehouses that support effective decision making.
Click here to read Chapter 1 now.
Click here to buy the book now