Here's a neat trick for using the table node to create dynamic bar charts and graphs in Smart Forms.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- The chart x- and y-axon and any other statical part of the chart needs to be created in a BMP and loaded via the GRAPH node.
- The variable/dynamic part in a bar chart has to be created with the table node.
- Each bar is represented by a separate window with table node.
- This table node has two line-types (one solid color and one blank.)
- Set the line spacing for the text used inside the linetypes to very small (5 TW)
- Do not display any text inside the table, just the background color will do (solid or blank.)
- As a table grows top-down, the blank line-types need to go first, then the solid line-types.
- In similar fashion, the bar value can be displayed just above the bar by creating a seperate window with table node on top of the bar window. Adjust the positions to get appropriate result.
- Use the Templates node (in their own window) to display the x- and y-axis values.