For testing purposes we used to create Z or Y programs and save them as local objects. Here is a tip to avoid such a job and more over through this technique you can test the performance of such reports immediately. This technique also might be useful for onetime tasks such as userlist generation.
1. Run SE30
2. Press 'Tips&Tricks' button.
3. Click on any of the tips line.
4. Press 'Editor' button.
write your code.
eg: TABLES: VBAK.
SELECT VBELN BNAME
INTO (VBAK-VBELN, VBAK-BNAME)
UP TO 1000 ROWS.
WRITE:/ vbak-vbeln, vbak-bname .
5. Press 'Save' button.(it saves the code in a buffer only)
6. Press 'Measure Runtime' button.
7. Press 'Display data' button to see the output. You can also save this output to a local PC file.
This was first published in October 2002