Avoid RFC data loss during refresh
This process saves you from re-entering data manually in SM59 after a system refresh. The process is just to export and import the tables related to RFC data.
1. Before the refresh create a control file as <RFC_export> in UX level with following content:
delete from rfcattrib
select * from rfcattrib
delete from rfcdes
select * from rfcdes
delete from rfcdoc
select * from rfcdoc
2. Execute following command to export the data:
R3trans -w <log_file> RFC_export
Review the log file.
After the refresh:
3. Create a import file as "RFC_import" with following contents:
file = '<SID>_rfc'
4. Execute following command to import
R3trans -w <log_file> RFC_ import
review log file
5. Verify that RFC's were updated sucessfully in SM59
This was first published in July 2003
Our Tips Exchange is a forum for you to share technical advice and expertise with your peers and to learn from other enterprise IT professionals. TechTarget provides the infrastructure to facilitate this sharing of information. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of the material submitted. You agree that your use of the Ask The Expert services and your reliance on any questions, answers, information or other materials received through this Web site is at your own risk.