Retail companies may have a requirement to analyze and compare product sales, product cost and suggested retail...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
price etc. SAP BW AFS delivered extractor doesn't support this requirement. In AFS industry, product/sku can be a combination of material, color and/or size.
I have listed below the steps and screens shots to customize R/3 BW datasource/extractor to get elementary fields such as AFS color and size into BW.
- Activate R/3 datasource "2LIS_13_VDKON" using transaction code RSA5. Select datasource "2LIS_13_VDKON" and click "Activate DataSources" in attached screen shot# 1.
- Enhance R/3 datasource "2LIS_13_VDKON" using transaction code "LBWE". Click "Maintenance" for datasource "2LIS_13_VDKON" in attached screen shot#2.
Add following fields from communication pool (right) to selection criteria (left) as per attached screen shot# 3:
Screen Shot #3
- In same transaction code "LBWE" click on data source "2LIS_13_VDKON" as per attached screen shot # 4, create transport when prompted and then click Generate. The next step is to click "Inactive" next to data source "2LIS_13_VDKON" in attached screen shot # 4 and then flag will turn to "Active".
- This datasource "2LIS_13_VDKON" can now be replicated in BW using transaction code "RSA1" under source systems.
- Install BW delivered business content for billing conditions data such as info source, ODS, update rules as listed in attached screen shot# 5. Custom info cube can be created for billing conditions data to analyze product sale, product cost and product suggested retail price. Update rules can be crated using info source "2LIS_13_VDKON".
- Enhanced the info source "2LIS_13_VDKON" by adding followings AFS fields in communication structure, transfer structure and map them in transfer rules as per attached screen shot# 6 from BW 3.5:
R/3 field "KSCHL" can be mapped to condition type info object "0KNART" in BW. R/3 field "KWERT" may be mapped to condition value info obejct "0KNVAL".
- Enhance the update rules for ODs and info cube to map newly added AFS fields as per attached screen shot #7.
- Condition types can be used to determine the product sales, cost, product suggested retail price and any other charges or discounts. BW queries can be created on custom info cube for any detail analysis on product/sku (material, color and size), color or size.