Looking for something else?
SAP Basis administration can get extremely deep and technical. It's important to keep up with new Basis trends,
but also, to be able to find the way back to where it all begins. If you are feeling lost or you're having trouble distinguishing between a myth or reality, you've got to do a 360. Going through a complete circle will help you stay focused on your administration tasks.
Giovanni Davila, an independent SAP technical consultant and a Basis administration expert on SearchSAP.com, knows this first hand.
"SAP keeps growing and improving their products, and what used to be true in a specific product release is not necessarily true anymore, and vice versa," Giovanni said.
With that in mind, he created this Basis quiz to test you on some of the most important topics administrators currently face in the field -- installations, security, patches, system monitoring and management.
Take the quiz today. Then send us an e-mail with your thoughts on the quiz.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
- Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
Are you ready to do a 360? Let's see how you score!
1. What is SAP MMC good for?
a) Starting SAP instances
b) Viewing developer traces
c) Stopping SAP instances
d) Deploying SAPGUI
2. The following is true about single sign-on using Kerberos 5 (Kerberos 5 SSO):
a) It's only supported in UNIX environments
b) It provides encrypted authentication
c) It works in all Windows platforms
d) It's an SAP add-on available as of Web AS 6.10
3. True or False: Since the release of SQL Server 2000, database integrity checks -- and DBCC CHECKDB in particular-- are a thing of the past in SAP.
4. What does report RSUSR003 do?
a) Lists logon system settings
b) Reports if passwords for SAP* accounts have not changed
c) Reports if passwords for DDIC are trivial
d) All of the above
5. To prevent the use of common password combinations, a system can be set up to include:
a) A list of forbidden passwords in table USR40
b) Instance profile parameter "login/min_password_digits"
c) A list of forbidden passwords in table USR04.
d) No additional configuration, as SAP only allows complex passwords
6. After a new installation of R/3 Enterprise, the system has a temporary license. How long does this license last?
a) Four months
b) Four weeks
c) Four days
d) Fourteen days
7. What is CUA?
a) It's the Control Upgrade Administration program, used during an SAP upgrade.
b) It stands for Central User Administration, where a central client manages all user accounts.
8. To prevent having to adjust output devices (e.g. print queue definitions) in every system each time they are transported from one system to another, an administrator can:
a) Set up a logical spool server by the same name in the source system and the target systems
b) Set up all printers to use "__DEFAULT" as the host printer
9. True or False? In order to read developer traces you have to go the operating system because SAP does not have a way to do this within the application.
10. How can the logon screen be modified to include informational text, such as the company name, address, the system role, etc.?
a) Run transaction SE61, create object ZLOGIN_SCREEN_INFO and enter the desired text.
b) Ask SAP to modify the login screen for you.
c) Using a C or C++ recompile SAPGUI.exe with the new text.
11. True or False? MS-SQL Server can be installed using all the delivered default settings. Everything is controlled within the application, so SAP requires only a database engine to work.
12. What SAP transaction can assist in detecting I/O bottlenecks?
13. What does transaction SPAM do?
a) It configures the system to block spam e-mail in the business workplace. b) It defines and import support package queues.
c) It displays the support packages that have been imported into the system.
d) Nothing. It's not an SAP transaction.
14. If an SAP instance does not start after making changes to the instance profile via RZ10, what is the best course of action?
a) Restore the database from the last full backup.
b) Edit the profile at the operating system level and manually change it back to the way it was. Then, restart the instance and correct the problem via RZ10.
c) Copy the instance profile from a working system into the affected system.
d) Log a trouble ticket at the SAP Support Portal.
15. Which of the following are possible ways to display the R/3 Kernel patch of a system?
a) Run SM51 and click Release Notes
b) Run disp+work –version at the OS level
c) Run SPAM, choose Imported Support Packages and click Display
d) Run SQ01 and click Kernel Patches