You've most likely heard about the joint SAP-Microsoft product called Duet that marries the technical scope of SAP with Microsoft's familiar Office interface. There's been a tremendous amount of buzz around this technology for almost a year now, and I'd say it pretty much stole the show at Sapphire 2006. While practically everybody mentions Duet among the "hot areas" in the SAP world, it is important not to overlook the details.
This quiz is designed to provide a quick reality check of your understanding of Duet as it stands today. Take the quiz today, then send us an e-mail with your thoughts on the quiz and Duet in general. We want to hear from you, and we're giving away an SAP book bundle to one random reader as little thank-you for the trouble. The bundle includes:
- SAP Security and Authorizations
- SAP BW Data Modeling
- SAP Performance Optimization Guide
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
- Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. The first version of Duet (released June 2006) runs on:
a) MS Outlook only
b) MS Excel only
c) MS Outlook, Excel and Word, but not Access and PowerPoint
d) The entire MS Office suite
2. What back-end data stores does Duet presently work with besides SAP?
d) Anything web-enabled; even hybrid third-party solutions work with some tweaking
3. You need this in order to run Duet:
a) SAP R/3 4.7 Enterprise and Microsoft Exchange Server
b) SAP R/3 4.7 Enterprise and Windows Server 2003
c) mySAP ERP 2004 and Microsoft Exchange Server
d) mySAP ERP 2004, NetWeaver, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Windows Server 2003
4. What is covered in the first release of Duet?
a) Leave Management, Time Management, CRM and ESS
b) Leave Management, Time Management, CRM, ESS and Organization Management
c) Leave Management, Time Management, Organization Management and Budget Monitoring
d) Leave Management, Time Management, Organization Management and CRM
5. "Smart tags" are...
a) Customized bookmarks for the Leave Management functionality of Duet with mySAP HR
b) An MS Word feature that will enable Duet users to edit relevant SAP data instantly
c) Part of the Project Argo search feature that will be integrated into Duet in 2007
d) The basis of the "Oracle killer" memory technique that makes relational databases obsolete
6. The first version of Duet is English-only. What languages are covered in Value Pack 1?
a) German, French, Chinese and Spanish
b) German, French, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese
c) German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and Russian
7. This statement is NOT true:
a) The Duet architecture includes an add-on to MS Office on the user's client machine
b) The Duet architecture adds a separate box called the 'Client-backend server'
c) MS Windows .NET Framework 2.0 is installed as part of the client setup
d) You must run Windows Server 2003 SP1 or higher to use Duet
8. SAP add-on and backend requirements: what is the minimum disk space needed for installing Duet?
a) 500 Mb
b) 1 Gb
c) 2 Gb
d) 4 Gb
9. SAP has announced three new scenarios to appear in Value Pack 1, due out late 2006. These are...
a) Recruitment management, Sales management and Reports/analytics
b) Recruitment management, Travel management and Sales management
c) Recruitment management, Purchasing management and Sales management
d) Recruitment management, Travel management and Reports/analytics
10. The code name for Duet used to be...
d) "D'k tagh"
Dig Deeper on SAP xApps