SAP has been pushing its business process initiative for some time and the new BPX community is beginning to gain traction. But what exactly is a business process expert, and how do those skills translate into an actual job role? We sat down with Helen Sunderland, platinum consultant at SAP Canada, and Marilyn Pratt, BPX community evangelist, to talk about what SAP is trying to accomplish and how SAP professionals can benefit.
|Keys to SAP business process success|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Keys to SAP business process success
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- (1:45) What are business process experts, and what do they do?
- (2:40) What are the key skills for a successful business process expert?
- (3:56) How does a consultant actually land a project role using these new skills?
- (6:05) Many smaller SAP users say they just don't care about BPX. How do you make the case to these people?
- (8:42) What's next for the SAP BPX community?
- (9:35) Which industries stand to gain the most from jumping on the business process bandwagon?
- (10:40) How are you planning to overcome the resistance to BPX?
- SAP in BPM: Leading player or losing ground?: SAP dropped recently in one integration-centric BPM ranking. Guest columnist Dennis Byron disagrees.
- SAP to focus on business process management: SAP is forming a Business Process Management Expert Community with experts and independent software vendors to address gaps in its BPM software.
- Column: The rise of business process experts: The role of business process expert is becoming more important as business and IT work more closely together, says one expert.
- Podcast: SAP sets sights on BPM with new community: As customers look to improve their business processes, SAP is trying to provide some help. Mark Yolton discusses SAP's new Business Process Expert Community.
- Gartner, IDS Scheer outline BPM success factors: Leadership and corporate culture are just a few of the things companies need in order to succeed with BPM, according to a Gartner analyst at IDS Scheer's ProcessWorld.
- BPM expert Andre Truong speaks out: Q&A: SAP's BPM push has been well documented; Andre Truong answers some burning BPM questions for SAP users.
- BPM and SOA insight from Mathias Kirchmer Q&A: IDS Scheer's Mathias Kirchmer discusses some of the themes from ProcessWorld, including open business process management, SOA and SAP.
- SearchSAP.com Editorial Blog: This is the place for additional commentary and discussion about recent events, news stories or whatever else happens in the SAP world.
- SearchSAP.com Audio Downloads: Visit our audio download archive.
Dig Deeper on SAP Business Process Management