More and more companies are turning to business process management (BPM) technology to automate business processes, optimize workflows and improve operational efficiency and agility.
But no simplifying technology is ever simple, and even though SAP BPM technology deployments deliver quick ROI, getting business and IT to work together on business process modeling can be a challenge. In fact, the main challenge for companies deploying BPM systems springs from organizational issues, because BPM changes the way business and IT work together.
During the podcast, she explores how BPM technologies, particularly automated business process discovery tools and BPM software suites, can make an organization more efficient. She also discusses the option for leveraging the built-in workflow capabilities of ERP systems.
|Increasing operational efficiency and agility with BPM|
Learn how BPM can help you increase your company's operational effiicency and agility.
- 0:56: How does BPM as a discipline relate to business process automation?
- 3:00: Is cost reduction the most common business case for companies implementing a BPM solution?
- 4:11: What kinds of technologies are most often used to support BPM initiatives?
- 7:29: How do BPM technologies work at a high level in order to find process inefficiencies?
- 9:45: Does a business process model look the same to business users and IT?
- 11:50: How much more efficient can BPM make an organization?
- 12:45: What is the main challenge for companies deploying BPM?
This was first published in August 2009