By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Today, companies are drowning under the constant injection of data and the high number of transactions that their systems perform. . .sometimes in the trillions. When a system becomes swamped by transaction overload, users will struggle to find the information they're looking for.
This podcast with Deepak Sood addresses the challenges of performing data archiving in an SAP environment. Deepak is director of ILM practices and a partner at Auritas, an SAP consulting firm. Auritas specializes in SAP services that improve the user experience by enhancing their ability to easily access and manage SAP data. Auritas is considered a leader in the areas of SAP data archiving, document imaging and DART (a data retention tool for extracting storage from SAP systems).
Deepak is recognized as an expert in the area of data archiving for SAP and has spoken at many ASUG events and SAP Insider conferences on the subject of data archiving.
|Data archiving in SAP environments|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Data archiving in an SAP environment
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- 1:32 -- In what ways is archiving in an SAP environment simple, and in what ways is it a complex process?
- 3:37 -- Who should be in charge of the archiving process – the SAP administrator or the storage team? Or is it a collaboration?
- 5:30 -- How do you determine if the SAP archiving technology in a customer environment is sufficient to handle all that user's archiving needs?
- 8:20 -- Which factors go into determining if a company needs to do data archiving in the first place?
- 10:40 -- What is the most common archiving-related pitfall or challenge in an SAP environment?
- 14:19 -- Why are there special archiving concepts for SAP NetWeaver BI? Isn't data data?
- 17:48 -- Now that corporate compliance dictates the need for features such as search, data classification and ediscovery, are enterprise data archiving products getting more complex?