Business process experts face constantly changing demands and must combine technical and business skills to be successful. In this podcast, SearchSAP.com career expert Jon Reed and Marco ten Vaanholt, director of SAP's business process expert community, discuss how to become a business process expert (BPX) and how to keep up with the changing landscape and demand for business process skills. Ten Vaanholt also gives an update on the SAP BPX community and what users can expect next from the group.
|Becoming (and staying) a business process expert|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Becoming (and staying) a business process expert
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- (3:05) An introduction to SAP's BPX community
- (5:58) How the BPX community influences SAP
- (7:50) What business process experts are and why they are important to SAP implementations
- (10:20) Why ABAP and IMG configuration work is evolving, and what SAP professionals can do
- (16:20) How SAP professionals can gain from contributing to SAP's BPX community
- (19:08) Steps that functional consultants can take to become more savvy as business process experts
- (21:50) Tips for technical professionals to develop their business skills
- (24:10) How "disruptive innovation" fits with SAP's concept of "innovation without disruption"
SAP terms on the rise: Find out why the term "business process expert" is gaining
popularity in the SAP world.
- Keys to
SAP business process success: SAP's BPM evangelist and a BPM consultant outline SAP's goals
for BPM, its business process expert (BPX) community and how SAP professionals can benefit.
The rise of business process experts: The role of business process expert is becoming more
important as business and IT work more closely together, says one expert.
SAP sets sights on BPM with new community: As customers look to improve their business
processes, SAP is trying to provide some help. Mark Yolton discusses SAP's new Business Process
process platform creation for healthcare: In a tip useful to anyone involved with business
processes, Claudius Metze shares his experiences in engineering a business process platform for
- On The
Spot: Jon Reed on SAP jobs: On The Spot features a new guest expert every month on a hot
SAP topic. This edition answers 10 reader questions about SAP jobs.
- SearchSAP.com Editorial Blog: This is the
place for additional commentary and discussion about recent events, news stories or whatever else
happens in the SAP world.
Audio Downloads: Visit our audio download archive.
This was first published in November 2007