To achieve perfect order management, application professionals must push for an end-to-end process view of functions that are now broken into different departments. Organizing work, and the applications used to manage it, by processes can help application professionals consolidate sales order management systems, and reduce waste, inefficiency and duplication in orders.
In this podcast, Ray Wang shares his tips for helping organizations achieve perfect order management. He has developed 20 steps that can help organizations take a process-view of order fulfillment, subsequently consolidate applications and free up capital for new investments. Wang is a partner at Altimeter Group, a San Mateo, Calif.-strategy consulting firm.
In this podcast you will learn:
- 20 steps to delivering the perfect order
- How to champion and justify a software consolidation project
- How application professionals can help achieve perfect order management
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Ray Wang is a partner at Altimeter Group, a San Mateo, Calif.-based strategy consulting firm. Wang has two decades of experience in the enterprise software market, and was formerly a vice president and principal analyst at Forrester Research. He is the author of the popular blog, "A Software Insider's Point of View."
Read more about order management:
- Learn why order management requires an end-to-end process view
- Discover more use cases in the ERP order management guide
This was first published in July 2010