By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Although SAP's "tuck-in" acquisition strategy doesn't generate the same type of buzz as Oracle's big moves, the company has been an active buyer in its own right. This page features news and commentary on SAP's recent purchases, as well as the effects of Oracle's moves on SAP customers. SearchSAP.com will update this page with each new SAP acquisition, so check back when news breaks.
|SAP's acquisition strategy|
- Battle of the acquisition strategies: SAP goes small, hoping to strike big: SAP is upping the ante in its competition with Oracle, this time on the M&A front, and the last three deals highlight an important difference between SAP and its chief rival. A look at these acquisitions reveals some interesting nuances about SAP's thinking regarding M&A.
- Oracle picks up product lifecycle management vendor (May 16, 2007): Oracle's plans to buy Agile Software Corp. for $495 million serve as a "strong response" to SAP's recent PLM moves.
|Maxware and Wicom|
- SAP upgrades call center with Maxware, Wicom Communications (May 14, 2007): SAP will acquire European companies Wicom Communications and Maxware to fill in its contact center functionality.
- SAP acquires OutlookSoft for performance management (May 8, 2007): SAP will acquire performance management software vendor OutlookSoft.
- Oracle to acquire Hyperion, claims BI supremacy (March 1, 2007): Oracle will pay $3.3 billion to acquire Hyperion, a business intelligence and corporate performance management vendor.
- Oracle's Hyperion acquisition -- How will SAP respond? (March 6, 2007): Oracle's acquisition of Hyperion has led to much speculation as to what SAP will do next. Many see SAP making an acquisition of its own in the future -- but who?
- What does Oracle-Hyperion mean for SAP customers? (March 7, 2007): How should Oracle's acquisition of Hyperion affect SAP customers' business intelligence (BI) plans?
- From the SearchSAP.com blog:
- Oracle buys Hyperion, SAP on the ropes? (March 1, 2007)
- Oracle's Hyperion deal: Challenges, opportunities and expert predictions (March 14, 2007)
- SAP acquires Pilot Software to add to analytics (Feb. 20, 2007): SAP acquired analytics software maker Pilot Software.
|Praxis Software Solutions|
- SAP adds e-commerce, CRM features for SMBs through acquisition (July 10, 2006): SAP is filling a gap in its Business One software for small businesses by adding e-commerce capabilities for Web-based sales.
- Inside Virsa: SAP, customers win with acquisition (April 25, 2006): SAP's acquisition of compliance vendor Virsa Systems Inc. will result in vertical functionality and add a set of developers who could make similar software that SAP could folds into its portfolio.
- New SAP business unit to focus on compliance (May 17, 2006): SAP is creating a new business unit to wrap its compliance products with software from its recent acquisition of compliance software vendor, Virsa Systems Inc.
- From the SearchSAP.com blog:
- Continued organic growth for SAP (April 6, 2006)