1. Launch the BEx Analyzer.
2. Using the Excel toolbar, open a previously saved workbook.
3. Execute the report by clicking the Refresh icon if it does not automatically get refreshed.
4. Using the BW BEx toolbar, select the Tools icon > SAP Protection.
5. From the pop-up window, input a password into both boxes.
6. Using the BW BEx toolbar, select the Save icon > Save Existing workbook.
7. Open the Workbook again and try to adjust individual cell values. Not possible!
CREATING HIGH IMPACT BW WORKBOOKS
Scenario 1: I need to create a customized template with my company's logo
Scenario 2: I need to create a template without gridlines
Scenario 3: I need my users to have the latest data available
Scenario 4: I need to publish reports where users can't modify the layout of the report
Scenario 5: I have a requirement to put all my reports into a single package
Scenario 6: I want to lock the data values found in my BW reports
Review: Conclusion and more resources
This was first published in August 2005