Publishing reports that have no BW functionality and no update capabilities allow you to distribute data across your company without changes to the numbers or content. This also allows you to distribute reports to non-BW users.
1. Launch the BEx Analyzer.
2. Using the Excel toolbar, open a previously saved workbook.
3. Execute the report by clicking the Refresh icon if it does not automatically get refreshed.
4. Using the BW BEx toolbar, select the Tools icon > All queries in workbook > Detach.
5. A warning message will prompt you to accept the detachment.
6. The workbook is now severed from the BW system and OLAP functions are no longer applicable.
7. Using the Excel menu path, choose File > Save As...
8. Save the Excel Workbook to a local drive.
9. The report can now be distributed as an Excel attachment with no requirement for BW access.
CREATING HIGH IMPACT BW WORKBOOKS
Scenario 1: I need to create a customized template with my company's logo
Scenario 2: I need to create a template without gridlines
Scenario 3: I need my users to have the latest data available
Scenario 4: I need to publish reports where users can't modify the layout of the report
Scenario 5: I have a requirement to put all my reports into a single package
Scenario 6: I want to lock the data values found in my BW reports
Review: Conclusion and more resources