1. Launch the BEx Analyzer.
2. Using the Excel toolbar, open a previously saved workbook.
3. In order to have the most relevant data appear you want to make your workbook "auto-refresh".
4. In the results section of your report, right-click on any field and choose Properties.
5. Navigate to the Interaction tab.
6. Check 'Refresh query when opening workbook'. Click ok.
7. Using the BW BEx toolbar, select the Save icon > Save Existing workbook.
8. The next user to open this report will automatically receive the latest data from the BW database.
CREATING HIGH IMPACT BW WORKBOOKS
Scenario 1: I need to create a customized template with my company's logo
Scenario 2: I need to create a template without gridlines
Scenario 3: I need my users to have the latest data available
Scenario 4: I need to publish reports where users can't modify the layout of the report
Scenario 5: I have a requirement to put all my reports into a single package
Scenario 6: I want to lock the data values found in my BW reports
Review: Conclusion and more resources
This was first published in August 2005