Giovanni Davila has worked in the computer field for more than a decade. This Guatemala native is educated in Systems Engineering and has experience as a computer programmer using C, Pascal, Cobol, dBase, FoxBase and PERL. Giovanni has five years of experience in Windows NT Administration and Networking. He is an A+ Certified Technician. Giovanni is an expert in SAP Basis Administration on R/3 4.0/4.5/4.6 under NT/Windows 2000 and SQL Server. He has completed numerous APO 2.0A, BW 2.0A, knowledge warehouse and IDES installations. Giovanni is also fluent in Spanish.
Giovanni is also the author of "SAP Basis Administration, A Step by Step Guide to Practical Daily Tasks and Activities." This is a detailed step-by-step, how-to book on SAP Basis Administration under Windows NT/2000 and SQL Server. It contains many secrets and "little known facts" to help automate your job. The following topics are covered in this text: architecture of SAP R/3, all phases of system installation, how to perform an R/3 homogeneous system copy, client administration, user administration, transport management, printing, patch administration, configuration of remote services (SAProuter and SAPNet) and an excellent guide to essential administration, tuning and monitoring. For more information on the text visit: www.giovannidavila.com/sapbasis
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Giovanni Davila
- SAP Basis best practices for transferring a client from one server to another
- SAP transport management fundamentals
- Copy from the production system to the development system
- Basis trick for a list of 1,000 transport requests in R/3
- Best method for a single sign-on solution
- Are all SAP tables accessible outside the application?
- Are lack of memory and disk space the culprits for a logon error?
- Run transaction SU01 to verify if CUA is used on an SAP system
- Does Basis administration involve the J2EE and ABAP engines?
- Troubleshooting for a homogeneous system copy error
- Diagnosing an error during the SAP import process
- Trick for producing a list of users and the transactions they have accessed
- How to recover the SAP history database
- Adding a default back into the SAP printer list via SPAD
- Upgrading the kernel in R/3 4.6C
- Mass changing of user passwords in SAP
- Learn to manage SQL Server administration from an SAP standpoint
- Best way to recover SAP servers in case of disaster
- Transport RFC destinations from one system to other systems
- Can I undo an SAP transport without using a third-party tool?