Connected devices and the Internet of Things have led to an enormous data explosion. These vast amounts of data...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
can offer a competitive advantage to companies that are able to gain insight from them. SAP Predictive Analytics is one tool that deserves consideration. It takes this untapped data, and applies data modeling and analysis logic to it. Then, in turn, it generates a realistic prediction of future events.
Before delving into what SAP Predictive Analytics offers in terms of data analytics capabilities, it is important to first understand that Predictive Analytics combines SAP InfiniteInsight and SAP Predictive Analysis into a single data analysis product, while still retaining two distinct tool sets -- Automated Analytics for business users and Expert Analytics for data scientists and business analysts.
Here are the salient features of each of the two tool sets of SAP Predictive Analytics:
- Data Manager helps business users easily prepare data for analysis.
- Modeler enables business users to create data models, such as regression, clustering, time series and classification. Data models created in a test or simulated environments are easy to extract and transport to production environments.
- Social extracts and uses data stored in different data sets to improve the decision-making and prediction capabilities of data models. Using graphs, it can represent how different data logically connects with one another.
- Recommendation creates product recommendations for customers based on social network analysis.
- Model Manager lets business users "retrain" models on different data sets. Model Manager has to be separately installed, as it is only installed when the company installs Predictive Analytics.
- Data Analysis offers several data analysis options, such as forecasting, time series, trend analysis, outlier detection, segmentation analysis and affinity analysis.
- Data Visualization offers several data visualization techniques, such as decision trees, parallel coordinates, scatter matrix charts and cluster charts.
- Data Analytics features a large range of predictive algorithms, in-memory data mining capabilities and R open source statistical analysis.
With Predictive Analytics, SAP has tried to make the transition smooth for people previously using either SAP InfiniteInsight or SAP Predictive Analysis by providing almost all of the features available in two independent data analytics products. However, the roadmap points toward a unified user interface to give the uniform look and feel of Predictive Analytics.
Want a smoother SAP BI upgrade?
Selecting an SAP BI and data warehouse platform
A look at SAP Cloud for Analytics
Dig Deeper on Business Objects and SAP business intelligence
Related Q&A from Jawad Akhtar
Demand-driven S&OP is meant to close the gap between a company's long-term forecasts and its short-term responsiveness. Here are the fundamentals of ...continue reading
Heijunka has made significant inroads in the automobile industry, and manufacturers in other industries can also benefit from this production ...continue reading
MRP Monitor fills the inventory reporting and analyses gap that exists in SAP ECC, with analyses that enable materials planning success. Here's a ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.