Stop the SAP R/3 resource in the cluster. Leave the SAP disk online.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Replace the kernel in the executable directory. Don't forget the extra executables in the c:windowssapcluster or c:winntsapcluster (on both nodes) Start the SAP R/3 Resource in the Cluster again
All ABAP programs need to be re-compiled after the kernel upgrade to 6.20. Take the following steps to only recompile the ABAP programs in use;
To create a consistent status of ABAP sources and loads, proceed as follows:
Before the kernel upgrade, specify the available loads
- Call transaction SGEN and choose: Regenerate the available loads -> Continue -> Generate all objects with available load
- On the next screen, define the servers that should be included during the generation and choose 'Continue' The Job Monitor screen appears. Since the programs for which loads have already been generated are now stored in the GENSETC database table, you can exit transaction SGEN.
Perform the kernel upgrade
Start the SAP system with STARTSAP
Regenerate with the transaction SGEN.
- Call transaction SGEN and choose:
- Regenerate objects from last generation -> Continue -> Restart -> Select the servers -> Continue.
- Start the generation or schedule it. All the programs from which a load existed before the deletion now get a new load.
Dig Deeper on SAP implementation and upgrades
Related Q&A from Bert Vanstechelman
An SAP user wants to know the risks of changing time zones in ECC 6.0.continue reading
An SAP user wants to know how to access an SAP IDES 4.7 system via the Internet through SAP GUI.continue reading
A SearchSAP.com reader wants to know how an increase of indexes and tables after upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 will affect the memory requirements of a DB2 ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.