What is the main job of a portal consultant?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Specific technical skills required:
- EP5 SP5 (min), EP6 SP6 (even better)
- Database (Oracle / MS SQL Server),
- Operating Systems (Windows 2000 / 2003, Unix, Linux)
- Java Environment Setup,
- Portal Install, ODBC/JDBC
- SAP Basis Installation (DESIREABLE)
- ABAP (DESIREABLE)
- Knowledge of Portal Developer Kit
- iViews, eventing, Single Sign On, system connections)
- SAP GUIs (ITS, Java, Win),
- Web Development skills
- (Java preferably but Microsoft is a good start), XML, SAP WebDynpro
- Knowledge Management
Management and (TREX) Searching
- Portal Business Packages
- Web (https)
- SAP (SNC)
- LDAP and/or Active Directory
- SAP user management
- SAP Role based security
- Access Control Lists
Dig Deeper on SAP outsourcing and implementation partners
Related Q&A from Sam Gassem
How can I get certification in SAP SRM?continue reading
In order to do spend analysis by vendor, is full-blown MDM required or only the "MDM Catalog," which it seems is included with the SRM license? My ...continue reading
What configuration/programming needs to be done in BW and non-SAP systems to implement extraction through BAPI?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.