What is the main job of a portal consultant?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Specific technical skills required:
- EP5 SP5 (min), EP6 SP6 (even better)
- Database (Oracle / MS SQL Server),
- Operating Systems (Windows 2000 / 2003, Unix, Linux)
- Java Environment Setup,
- Portal Install, ODBC/JDBC
- SAP Basis Installation (DESIREABLE)
- ABAP (DESIREABLE)
- Knowledge of Portal Developer Kit
- iViews, eventing, Single Sign On, system connections)
- SAP GUIs (ITS, Java, Win),
- Web Development skills
- (Java preferably but Microsoft is a good start), XML, SAP WebDynpro
- Knowledge Management
Management and (TREX) Searching
- Portal Business Packages
- Web (https)
- SAP (SNC)
- LDAP and/or Active Directory
- SAP user management
- SAP Role based security
- Access Control Lists
Dig Deeper on SAP outsourcing and implementation partners
Related Q&A from Sam Gassem
How can I get certification in SAP SRM?continue reading
In order to do spend analysis by vendor, is full-blown MDM required or only the "MDM Catalog," which it seems is included with the SRM license? My ...continue reading
What configuration/programming needs to be done in BW and non-SAP systems to implement extraction through BAPI?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.