How do I reallocate the sap database to a new drive? My database partition is fully utilized and I wish to expand it to a new partition. I'm running 4.6c on MS SQL2000.
Here is how to do it:
- Stop the SAP R/3 instance - Stop all SAP services (i.e. sap(SID)_00, saposcol, etc.)
- Get the current location of the database and transaction log files. You can run Query Analyzer and execute: sp_helpdb (SID)
- If necessary create the appropriate directories on the new disk drive(s).
- Detach the database in Query Analyzer by running: sp_detach_db (SID)
- Copy the database and transaction log files into their new location.
- Re-attach the database in Query Analyzer by running:
For more information please see Books Online for SQL Server.
Dig deeper on SAP Basis administration and NetWeaver administration
Related Q&A from Giovanni Davila
Learn how to transfer a client from one server to another in this administration tip from Basis guru Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Read expert advice on implementing an SSO solution for SAP in this expert tip from Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Learn how to return a list of 1,000 transport requests in SAP R/3 PRD in this tip from SearchSAP.com's Basis expert.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.