How do I reallocate the sap database to a new drive? My database partition is fully utilized and I wish to expand it to a new partition. I'm running 4.6c on MS SQL2000.
Here is how to do it:
- Stop the SAP R/3 instance - Stop all SAP services (i.e. sap(SID)_00, saposcol, etc.)
- Get the current location of the database and transaction log files. You can run Query Analyzer and execute: sp_helpdb (SID)
- If necessary create the appropriate directories on the new disk drive(s).
- Detach the database in Query Analyzer by running: sp_detach_db (SID)
- Copy the database and transaction log files into their new location.
- Re-attach the database in Query Analyzer by running:
For more information please see Books Online for SQL Server.
Dig deeper on SAP Basis administration and NetWeaver administration
Related Q&A from Giovanni Davila
Learn how to transfer a client from one server to another in this administration tip from Basis guru Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Learn how to return a list of 1,000 transport requests in SAP R/3 PRD in this tip from SearchSAP.com's Basis expert.continue reading
Read expert advice on implementing an SSO solution for SAP in this expert tip from Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.