How do I reallocate the sap database to a new drive? My database partition is fully utilized and I wish to expand it to a new partition. I'm running 4.6c on MS SQL2000.
Here is how to do it:
- Stop the SAP R/3 instance - Stop all SAP services (i.e. sap(SID)_00, saposcol, etc.)
- Get the current location of the database and transaction log files. You can run Query Analyzer and execute: sp_helpdb (SID)
- If necessary create the appropriate directories on the new disk drive(s).
- Detach the database in Query Analyzer by running: sp_detach_db (SID)
- Copy the database and transaction log files into their new location.
- Re-attach the database in Query Analyzer by running:
For more information please see Books Online for SQL Server.
Related Q&A from Giovanni Davila
Learn how to transfer a client from one server to another in this administration tip from Basis guru Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Learn fundamentals of transport management and STMS from Basis guru Giovanni Davila in this expert tip.continue reading
Giovanni Davila, Basis expert, provides advice on how to copy all SAP users from one system to another in this tip.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.