By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
I believe the problem may lie somewhere around the server firewall or perhaps my router configuration. Please advice what should be done. I cannot even ping the SAP server by using ADSL connection!
1. The router assigns IP dynamically to 4 computers.
2. The router acts as a gateway with ip 192.168.1.1
3. The router gets IP dynamically from ISP.
4. The route is set to be SUA.
5. I do not know much about SAP, but I needed to install VPN secureclient first, then SAP. Can something goes wrong with this? The VPN server can be connected.
As a minimum, use the Winsock ports 1080 and the SAP communications ports 32xx (xx is the number you find in the SAP Logon router string, e.g. conn=/H/yourSAP.remote.com/S/3201) for the router. From the assigned IP I guess you have a router box from German TELEKOM (EUMEX?). If so, there is a built-in firewall -- make sure it is deactivated.
Related Q&A from Axel Angeli
An SAP user is having difficulty with PERNR iDoc while transporting data from SAP to an external system.continue reading
An SAP user wants to know how to upload data into SAP R/3 when SAP Scripting is not enabled.continue reading
An SAP user is receiving an error message while integrating SAP iDoc PORDCR1 for a purchase order.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.