How do I post/edit a message on the SAP logon screen? I.e right side of the screen by the side of the client/user/password/language...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The following are the steps to accomplish what you asked: (This procedure is explained in my new book "SAP Basis Administrator for the Windows Platform" -coming up soon!)
In releases older than 4.6x:
* Run SE51 (Screen Painter).
* Enter program name "SAPMSYST" and screen "0020".
* Click on Change and then Continue (green checkmark) at the Information screen.
* Click on Continue (green checkmark) when informed about the object change.
* Create a transport request and give it a short description.
* Carefully add your text.
* Click on the Generate button or press Ctrl+F3. This will save your changes.
* You can then release the transport to later import it into your other systems.
* Run transaction SE61 (Document Maintenance). * Select document class "General text".
* Type in the Document name box "ZLOGIN_SCREEN_INFO" and click on Create.
* Type in your text on the next screen. Notice that you can apply formats and include icons. Icons are entered using icon codes.
* Check the document: select Document->Check or press Ctrl+F2.
* Click on Save (disk icon).
Dig Deeper on SAP Basis administration and NetWeaver administration
Related Q&A from Giovanni Davila
Learn how to transfer a client from one server to another in this administration tip from Basis guru Giovanni Davila.continue reading
Learn fundamentals of transport management and STMS from Basis guru Giovanni Davila in this expert tip.continue reading
Learn how to return a list of 1,000 transport requests in SAP R/3 PRD in this tip from SearchSAP.com's Basis expert.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.