My question is about the transaction SPAD, how can we add a new Device Type to the sap spooler.
Here is how to do it:
1. Execute transaction SPAD
2. Click on "Full Administration"
3. Click on "Device Types"
4. Switch to Change mode or press F8
5. Click on "Create" or press Shift+F1
6. Type in the name of the new Device type, give it a name.
7. Select the appropriate drivers.
The best to do is to actually copy an existing device type and then modify the copy. You can save a lot of work that way.
To copy use the Utilities->Copy device type menu.
You should always create new devices in your development box and then transport them.
Read SAPNet notes:
8928 List of supported printers/device types
17054 How to copy or change a device type
This was first published in July 2001