a) Presentation Server (Local PC)
b) Application Server (SAP Server)
1. Created RFC destination
- Type t
- Application Server (entered RFCEXEC.exe)
- test connection result = ok
2. create logical system = ZES3910_01
3. Created file type Port
- parameters for outbound file
- directory (local pc file path)
- function module (EDI_PATH_CREATE_USERNAME)
- test connection = ok
4. define partner profile
- part type = ls (logical system)
- part numb = above logical system name = ZES3910_01
- part class = ale
- part status = a
- outbound parameters given are:
- message type = MATMAS
- receiver port = the port as defined in step-2
- Output Mode: transfer IDOC immed
- IDOC Type: MATMAS01
- Syntax check (ticked)
- receiver notification - my userid, lang
5. After this I created a material and sent the IDoc. The IDoc is getting created correctly and the status showed there is also 03, i.e data sent to post is ok.
1. What is troubling me is that the data is not coming through in the text file as specified (local pc). Why?
2. Do I need to specify the logical destination as the RFC destination name in the port definition?
3. If so, can you please send me a sample shell script for invoking the EDI sub system?
What you need is the SAP Java Connector (JCo). This is the interface shim and Java native interface to SAP. You can download it from service.sap.com/connectors. There are many good examples and a tutorial to come along with it. There are also some examples on my web site http://logosworld.com in the Netweaver/mySAP section.
For detailed answers post questions for JCo to the ATE BAPI expert Thomas SchÜssler whom is the author of the JCo.
Dig Deeper on SAP MM
Related Q&A from Axel Angeli
An SAP user wants to know how to upload data into SAP R/3 when SAP Scripting is not enabled.continue reading
An SAP user is receiving an error message while integrating SAP iDoc PORDCR1 for a purchase order.continue reading
An SAP user is having difficulty with PERNR iDoc while transporting data from SAP to an external system.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.