What are the main advantages of using SEM for Planning rather than other tools in an environment where SAP is used...
as the OLTP?
Some of the important advantages of using SEM as the planning tool in an SAP using corporate environment:
* Metadata Repository and Business Content
* Easy extraction of R/3 data and retraction of plan data back to R/3
* Variety of defined planning functions; i.e. copy, delete, distribution
* Ease of self defined planning function development using Formula Extension (FOX)
* BW as the reporting and backend tool
Dig Deeper on SAP CPM software
Related Q&A from Nurullah Battal, Years 2003-2005
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.