It asks me to set the following parameters at the system profile parameters:
abap/heap_area_dia abap/heap_area_nondia o a maximum of 275139872
Then I am asked to reduce the value by 10.000.000 to be on the safe side.
How do I calculate the exact value for those parameters?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Basically an SAP process accesses memory in the following way:
• In dialog processes (Process type DIA)
1. The first section of the roll area up to parameter ztta/roll_first - then -
2. Extended memory up to parameter ztta/roll_extension -or- extended memory (size: em/initial_size_MB) is exhausted - then -
3. The rest of the roll area (size: ztta/roll_area) - then -
4. Process local memory up to parameter abap/heap_area_dia -or- operating system swap space is exhausted -or- the process's data segment size is exceeded -or- the process's address space is exceeded -or- the operating system's address space is exceeded.
NOTE: Under Windows NT the allocation sequence of non-dialog work processes is the same as with a dialog work process.
• In non-dialog Processes (Process type VB, UP, BTC)
1. The total roll area (size: ztta/roll_area) - then -
2. Process local memory up to parameter abap/heap_area_nondia -or- operating system swap space is exhausted -or- the process's data segment size is exceeded -or- the process's address space is exceeded -or- the operating system's address space is exceeded. - then -
3. Extended memory up to parameter ztta/roll_extension -or- extended memory (size: em/initial_size_MB) is exhausted.
The ABAP dump shows the sequence in which the report tried to allocate memory. Try to increase the memory parameters accordingly.
Dig Deeper on SAP Basis administration and NetWeaver administration
Related Q&A from Bert Vanstechelman
An SAP user wants to know the risks of changing time zones in ECC 6.0.continue reading
An SAP user wants to know how to access an SAP IDES 4.7 system via the Internet through SAP GUI.continue reading
A SearchSAP.com reader wants to know how an increase of indexes and tables after upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 will affect the memory requirements of a DB2 ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.