Employee self-service applications
- Retiree services
- Paid time off requests
- Electronic pay stubs
- Withholding changes and deductions
- Time card entry
- Personal data maintenance
- Training registration
- Benefit inquiries
- Open enrollment
- 401(k) or pension services
- Employee communications (HR policies, who's who, what's new, FAQs)
- Leave management
- Employee change actions (transfers, promotions, terminations)
- Management reports (headcount, salary, listings, time reports, LOA reports)
- Budget analysis
- Time card approval and reporting
- Purchase orders
- Travel and expense management
- Job requisitions
- Salary and bonus actions
- Workforce planning
- Succession planning
- Stock option granting and handling
- Staff development
- Skills management
- Online job postings and applications
- HR productivity improvements -- Compare the current HR administrative process to a re-engineered and automated process to determine potential elimination of tasks (particularly through self-service empowerment), time savings or perhaps enabling a lesser paid employee perform the task.
- Employee and manager productivity improvements -- Compare the current administrative tasks by employees and managers to potential elimination of the tasks or time savings.
- Overhead and outsourced service fee avoidance -- Calculate current expenses on overhead items -- such as printing, mailing, outsourced administration and payroll fees -- and predict savings based on solution implementation -- such as eliminating the need for printing and mailing, in-sourcing more effectively tasks which were outsourced or eliminating fees such as those to recruiters by improving the capability of internal recruiters, employee referrals and online campaigns.
- Compliance and error reduction -- Eliminate errors such as compensation and incentive pay mistakes, and reduce the risk for non-compliance fines and penalties.
- Improve employee retention -- Reduce employee turnover and eliminate associated costs for recruiting, hiring and training new employees, as well as the indirect productivity or business loss typical to get a new employee up to speed.
- Strategic business impact -- The revenue impact of satisfied employees to the business, often difficult if not impossible to quantify.
Dig Deeper on SAP HR management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.