The procedure to obtain the installation or upgrade key is as follows:
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Log on to the Solution Manager system.
- Call transaction SMSY.
- Open landscape components.
- If the system has not been defined yet: place the cursor on the Systems entry • [Right Mouse Button].
- Enter the System ID, select the SAP product and product version. Press Save when finished.
- Mark System and enter the SID.
- Press Generate Installation/Upgrade Key ( key-shaped icon ).
- Enter the system number and message server host ( without domain ). Note that in some versions the system changes the host name to upper case, but this is of no importance.
- Press Generate Key. The 10-character key value is displayed
Dig Deeper on SAP implementation and upgrades
Related Q&A from Bert Vanstechelman
An SAP user wants to know the risks of changing time zones in ECC 6.0.continue reading
An SAP user wants to know how to access an SAP IDES 4.7 system via the Internet through SAP GUI.continue reading
A SearchSAP.com reader wants to know how an increase of indexes and tables after upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 will affect the memory requirements of a DB2 ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.