I have 4 years experience in ABAP. I would like to expand my career more on SAP. I would like to become an HR techno-functional...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
consultant. I have two questions here:
1. If I learn BW and portal, how will it help my HR techno-functional career?
2. What's the difference between a BW technical or functional consultant?
I do not think BW and portal will help with an HR functional career, but for sure it will be a great help with technical.
An SAP BW functional consultant is responsible for the following:
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain project plans
- Manage all project activities, many of which are executed by resources not directly managed by the
project leader (central BW development team, source system developer, business key users)
- Liase with key users to agree reporting requirements, report designs
- Translate requirements into design specifications(report specs, data mapping / translation, functional specs)
- Write and execute test plans and scripts
- Coordinate and manage business / user testing Deliver training to key users
- Coordinate and manage product ionization and rollout activities
- Track CIP (continuous improvement) requests, work with users to prioritize, plan and manage CIP
An SAP BW technical consultant is responsible for:
-SAP BW extraction using standard data extractor and available development tools for SAP and non-SAP data sources. -SAP ABAP programming with BW
-Data modeling, star schema, master data, ODS and cube design in BW
-Data loading process and procedures (performance tuning)
-Query and report development using Bex Analyzer and Query Designer
-Web report development using Web Application Designer
Related Q&A from Sam Gassem
How can I get certification in SAP SRM?continue reading
In order to do spend analysis by vendor, is full-blown MDM required or only the "MDM Catalog," which it seems is included with the SRM license? My ...continue reading
What configuration/programming needs to be done in BW and non-SAP systems to implement extraction through BAPI?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.