Benefits Module: When two employees are married and work for the same company there are special rules that reside.
1) Need to identify the employees are duals working at the same company.
2) Special benefit plans are offered, and only one can elect the special plan with a 0 deduction and the other elects a standard plan with costs.
3) Dual empls cannot waive out of health coverage.
Is there anyway to identify that two married employee's work for the same company and have the Benefits module recognize this connection?
Yes. You will need to implement some custom procedures to deal with you issues. Since I don't know your exact set up, the following are general guidelines to how you can manage the issue.
1) It would be necessary to define a location in the system for the connection. This could either be a custom table of an infotype. Store the dated information with the SAP ID of their spouse.
2) Create the logic for the conditions defined above.
3) Customize your dynamic actions to check the logic when modifying health coverage, infotype 0167.
4) Customize your benefit user exit(s) a list are as follows:
PBEN0001 Feature BAREA PBEN0002 Feature BENGR PBEN0003 Feature BSTAT PBEN0004 Feature CSTV1 PBEN0005 Feature CRDV1 PBEN0006 Feature ELIGR PBEN0007 Feature TRMTY PBEN0008 Function HR_BEN_CALC_BENEFIT_COST PBEN0009 Function HR_BEN_CALC_BENEFIT_CREDIT PBEN0010 Function HR_BEN_CALC_BENEFIT_SALARY PBEN0011 Function HR_BEN_CALC_COVERAGE_AMOUNT PBEN0012 Form CALC_ELIG_DATE PBEN0013 Form CALC_TERM_DATE PBEN0014 Function HR_BEN_CALC_SAVE_ER_CONTRIB PBEN0015 Form CHECK_ELIG_SERVICE PBEN0016 Function HR_BEN_CALC_PARTICIPATION_DATE PBEN0017 Feature EVTGR PBEN0018 Feature COVGR PBEN0019 Feature EECGR PBEN0020 Feature ERCGR PBEN0021 Funtionmodule HR_BEN_CALC_SPEN_ER_CONRIB PBEN0022 Function HR_BEN_GET_PROCESS_DATES PBEN0023 Function HR_BEN_CALC_CUTOFF_AGE PBEN0024 Function HR_BEN_CALC_CUTOFF_LOS PBEN0025 Function HR_BEN_CALC_CUTOFF_SAL PCOB0001 COBRA Letter PCOB0004 Form HR_BEN_COB_GET_TOTAL_COSTS
Dig deeper on SAP HR management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.