My installation is stuck at 68%. I can't connect to SVRMGR30 -- it keeps on asking me the password of Internal. Please advise what could be wrong. Also, Some more questions:
1. If there is a problem with installation, how do we reverse the installation? What parameter should we change? (in central.r3s and db_ides.r3s or ext?) Please advise me on the steps to go through.
2. If there is a problem with installation and I am looking to reinstall the SAP and database from the scratch, how do I do so? What registry needs to be deleted? Or do we just uninstall the database and delete the SAP folders? Is there any registry need to be deleted manually ?
3. I am using broadband currently. After getting the IP address from DHCP, the IP is
IP : 192.168.XXX.XXX
subnet : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.XXX.YYY
Is it possible if I fix this as Fix IP address to install SAP? Based on the installation guide that I have, all the settings are pointing with create fix IP address such as 22.214.171.124 and without any gateway. Just thinking to use my IP address in order to access the Internet too. So I will just put the hosts file as below:
192.168.XXX.XXX sapsrv SAPTRANSHOST
How about the DNS server -- should I put something as per what my DHCP gave previously or leave it blank? Sorry for such a silly question. As I said, I am very new to SAP.
For troubleshooting this issue, have a look in OSS NOTE 50088: Creating OPS$ Users on Windows NT. It explains how to create the OPS$ users on Oracle / Windows NT.
1. and 2. Delete the installation directory, de-install SAP and RDBMS using the add/remove programs functionality of Windows. Services and registry values should be automatically deleted. In addition, delete any remaining SAP folders.
3. You should always use a fixed IP for SAP. The hostname and IP should be configured in DNS. This is the only way to assure that external applications(interfaces) can connect to SAP.
Dig deeper on SAP Basis administration and NetWeaver administration
Related Q&A from Bert Vanstechelman
An SAP user wants to know the risks of changing time zones in ECC 6.0.continue reading
A SearchSAP.com reader wants to know how an increase of indexes and tables after upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0 will affect the memory requirements of a DB2 ...continue reading
An SAP user wants to know how to access an SAP IDES 4.7 system via the Internet through SAP GUI.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.